The aim of every physical onsite mystery shop is to test the sales process put in place by our clients, as well as the level of customer service provided at each of their locations. These visits can be to businesses such as car dealers, property developers, estate agents, or retail stores to name a few, but the key component to this is that you come across as a credible customer.
With this in mind, we have outlined how to conduct a successful physical video onsite mystery shop:
1. Check your camera both before and at the end of each visit, things to look out for are:
- The equipment is fully operational.
- The lens and framing are correctly set-up.
- The SD card has available storage
- The battery is fully charged.
2. Turn on your camera as you approach the location you are mystery shopping and turn it off again when you are leaving the location.
3. We are not able to edit the footage, so please do not take toilet breaks, swear, go of script etc. Remember that the camera will pick everything up.
4. Be prepared for each visit. This includes having all of your contact details to hand, along with any client requirement questions you need to ask.
5. Ensure your address and telephone number given match the location/area you are visiting. You can use your mobile number when you are asked for contact details if you don’t live in the area.
6. Do not lead the conversation, the aim is for the sales advisor to lead the process. Only ask questions if they are required as part of the assignment scenario.
7. Do not pause or say ‘umm’ when you are asked for your contact details. Real customers know this information and give it straight away.
8. Do not take any paperwork with you unless this is specifically specified as a requirement for the assignment.
9. Unless agreed with the Project Manager, or stated as part of the assignment, please conduct the visit alone.
10. Although all customers are different, please remember you are ultimately representing My View Research and you must remain professional at all times.
11. Please read each assignment brief thoroughly before completing the visit. If you are unsure of anything, please contact the relevant Project Manager.
12. You will receive a 10% discount on any equipment purchased through LawMate UK, please contact our Head of Operations, Crystal Campbell, via email@example.com for LawMate’s contact details and a discount code.
13. We require you to be using the PV-500 Neo Pro package or equivalent model spec.